"The media has mentioned it but nobody has approached me. It [the speculation] makes me happy because I think it's an acknowledgment of a good job, but there is nothing more in it than that. I'm focused on my work with Fortaleza. We hope that by the end of the championship we can extract the best of the team and stay in the first division of Brazilian football."
"I think it's natural that if a coach is doing a good job, people will speak up to give their opinion," Ceni told reporters after Fortaleza's 1-1 draw at Gremio.
Valladolid look to be solid but unspectacular, but should just have enough to stay up, while surely Celta must improve under coach Oscar Garcia after consecutive campaigns fighting to avoid the drop.
A specialist free-kick and penalty taker, Ceni is recognized by the Guinness Book of Records as the highest-scoring professional goalkeeper of all time with 131 goals. Enditem
Bahia are currently 13th in the 20-team Serie A standings with just two wins from seven matches.
1. How will Valencia react after nightmare summer?
RIO DE JANEIRO, Sept. 12 (Xinhua) -- Former Bayern Munich and Brazil international right-back Rafinha has admitted that his move to Olympiacos from Flamengo was financially motivated.
The national championships slated for Sept. 15-18 in Shaoxing will be Shi's first national-level competition since the injury. Last month he competed in the 100m race in a provincial testing event and improved his personal best to 10.42 seconds, which largely boosted his confidence in his speed ability.
While Valencia look to be crisis, 50 kilometers up the road in Villarreal everything is a lot more positive. Although some may think sacking coach Javier Calleja after finishing fifth was a harsh decision, Unai Emery is an excellent replacement.
In the game played against Shenhua, Dalian forward Jose Rondon blasted a curling shot past outstretched Zeng Cheng into the net in the 33rd minute.
As the COVID-19 pandemic has yet to abate and many countries have stopped their citizens to visit Indonesia, the Indonesian Badminton Association decided to cancel its bid to host the tournament, the association's Secretary-General Achmad Budiaharto said in a statement here on Sunday.